MCO Need to Knows
I’m feeling like talking about the bane of my existence… Orlando International Airport. Good old MCO. First, some basic need to knows:
- This airport is *the airport* you need for the most convenient traansportation to Walt Disney World, Universal and cruises out of Port Canaveral (AKA: a lot of people on vacation are in and out of this airport on the daily)
- You can’t just get away with arriving “just in time” at this airport
- If you don’t have TSA Precheck or CLEAR… consider investing in it.
So knowing allllll of this… I have some recs for ya:
01. opt for private transfers or rideshare
Private transfers give you complete freedom over pick. uptime and arrival. While it can definitely be the pricier option, it also means. you aren’t stopping at multiple resorts picking up other guests that are also heading hoe from their vacation. This means the moment. youleave the hotel the pick up time you choose, you go straight to the airport with no other stoops. Ideal, especially for those early morning flights.
02. leave your hotel early
The recommended time to leave your hotel and make your way to MCO is 3 hours prior to your flight departure and… yes, I recommend sticking with that recommendation. I know it seems a little excessive, but not only do you have a 30-45 minute commute to the airport, but you really cannot predict wait times with TSA, or even to check your bags…. things can get WILD in there. If flying out after a cruise, I recommend leaving the port closer to 3.5 hours before your flight, as it’s about a 45-60 minute commute to the airport from Port Canaveral.
03. Reserve your spot with MCO Reserve
This is probably the biggest tip that I hope you hang on to, if you don’t have access to TSA Precheck or a CLEAR membership. MCO is a partner airport that allows FREE expedited reservations for TSA at your designated reservation time. While it doesn’t mean you can breeze right through and yes, you still have to take your shoes off when they tell you to, it does absolutely cut down on your wait time. CLICK HERE for reservations up to 3 days in advance.